Larry Zahner, head of General Motors Corp.'s Asia/Pacific manufacturing operations, is back in South Korea, fueling rumors that GM may be getting close to making a bid for bankrupt Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. Sources tell Ward's an offer likely will come this month. Joining Mr. Zahner is a high-profile GM corporate attorney from Detroit, who informed sources say has been assigned to Korea for a three-year period to serve as “chief legal counsel for the new entity.” Plus, two human resources ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.