General Motors Corp. is giving heavy consideration to assembling and selling a version of the all-new Buick Rendezvous crossover utility vehicle in China, Ward's has learned. “There appears to be a demand for it,” says a GM insider. “It's a better package and size than the U-van, and when you take out the second row of seats and leave in the third row, it's like a limo.” GM would ship the vehicles as complete-knocked-down kits to its Shanghai joint venture for final assembly. The kits ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.