With the expertise gained through its expanded marketing relationship with AM General, General Motors Corp. is looking into the possibility of building sport/utility vehicle (SUV) and commercial vehicle bodies from aluminum, reports the American Metal Market. AM General's Hummer — as well as its military-spec Humvee — features an aluminum body. And building on that technology, GM could develop a smaller version for the Hummer lineup, to be sold out of GM dealerships with the Hummer name. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.