General Motors Corp. says it will launch an online sales program for Saturn in the U.S. as early as 2001 and create an “all makes, all models” web site that would include info on competitive vehicles. The automaker discussed plans for more Internet retailing opportunities at a press conference in Detroit last week, reviewing early returns of Opel Celta online sales in Brazil. With that program a success so far, GM is moving quickly on plans for the U.S. The industry-wide web site could be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.