General Motor Corp.’s Doraville, GA, minivan plant, already scheduled for closure in 2008, will cease its second shift after Labor Day. The plant, which makes slow-selling minivans, will idle the second shift on or around Sept. 5, a spokesman tells Ward’s. The facility produces the Buick Terraza, Chevrolet Uplander, Pontiac Montana SV6 and Saturn Relay. Pontiac Montana sales are up 25.6% so far this year, but demand for the others is down. Deliveries of the Saturn Relay through May are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.