SEOUL – After nearly two years of negotiations, the much-anticipated acquisition of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. by General Motors Corp. is headed for the finish line. Insiders familiar with the negotiations are extremely positive that a definitive agreement will be finalized in April. There is anecdotal evidence, as well. A highly placed source within the South Korean automotive industry tells Ward’s that within the last few weeks a number of GM officials have joined the exclusive Seoul Club, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.