DETROIT – General Motors Corp. and Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly are close to finalizing a deal for GM to acquire two Korean and two foreign plants from Daewoo for $400 million. In September the two auto makers signed a memorandum of understanding. The final agreement hinges on the support of Daewoo’s labor unions.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
•Medium- andheavy-duty truck volumes
•Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.