A unit of General Motors Corp. confirms it is in talks to help national car maker Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional – Proton – to develop new models. But a GM Asia/Pacific spokesman says in a published report there has been no discussion on an equity partnership. "These discussions were preliminary, exploratory in nature and confidential," he says. The spokesman confirms GM’s South Korean unit is involved in the talks. "GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. is in talks to help Proton in an ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.