WARREN, MI – During the next two years, General Motors Corp. will introduce the next-generation small-block V-8 for its iconic Chevy Corvette sports car and further expand its already extensive Ecotec global engine family. Plans also call for a new 3.9L V-6 engine, GM reveals here during a press briefing at its technical center. The first to enter production will be the Ecotec 2.4L and Gen IV Vortec 5.3L V-8 small-block engines in 2005. The Gen IV small-block V-8 engine will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.