The expected sale of General Motors Corp.’s GM Defense unit to General Dynamics is off. The Associated Press quotes a GM Defense official as saying the unit is not being sold to anyone at this time. A spokesman for the union at GM Defense’s London, Ont., Canada, plant said the news was good for workers, who were fearful of job losses if the sale occurred. A Canadian Auto Workers contract prevented the London plant from closing or having its production moved during the current contract’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.