General Motors Corp. delays production launch of the ’09 Saturn Vue 2-Mode hybrid until next year, further illustrating how the auto maker intends to pinch its pennies for the remainder of 2008. Saturn’s newest hybrid was scheduled to begin output Dec. 1 at its Ramos Arizpe, Mexico, assembly plant, but GM now is postponing Job One until first-quarter 2009. “Not a huge delay, just a month or two to make sure everything is OK,” says Saturn spokesman Steve Janisse. The delay, which ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.