General Motors Corp. delivers five hybrid buses to the Transit Authority of River City for operation in Louisville, KY. The buses were purchased in part with a $3 million federal grant. The five buses delivered to Louisville join the 330 GM hybrid buses already operating in North America. GM says that if America’s nine largest cities were to replace the current fleet of 13,000 transit buses with hybrid buses, it would save 40 million gallons (151 million L) of fuel annually. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.