PHILADELPHIA – Working together with engineering and manufacturing counterparts is one way designers can create cars, such as the Pontiac Solstice, that sell for under $20,000, says Ed Welburn, General Motors Corp.’s design chief, in an interview at the recent international auto how here. Welburn frequently attends engineering meetings with Jim Queen, vice president-North American Engineering, when Queen is chairing vehicle-development progress reviews, both overseas and in the U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.