PLYMOUTH, MI – Ed Welburn, General Motors Corp. vice president and head of global design, says so far the auto maker’s massive restructuring has not cut too deeply into his department, a reflection perhaps of the renewed influence outgoing Vice Chairman Bob Lutz placed on building a good-looking car. “I don’t feel any pleasure in the fact we may not be impacted as much as other areas,” the soft-spoken, 58-year-old design director tells Ward’s during a recent media preview here of the ’10 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.