CHICAGO – Coincidental with the Chicago Auto Show launch here of its Chevrolet-badged Aveo small car made in South Korea, Ward's has learned General Motors Corp. has given top priority to adding a diesel version as soon as possible. The 2,400-lb. (1,088-kg) Aveo, with a 97.6-in. (248-cm) wheelbase, currently has a gasoline engine as standard. But it is slated also to use a 1.3L turbodiesel produced by the GM/Fiat Powertrain joint venture. The Aveo is sold in other world markets – including ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.