CHICAGO – General Motors Corp. executives say they don’t expect union backlash as a result of plans to import a South Korean subcompact for sale as the Chevrolet Aveo in spring 2004. The Aveo 4-door sedan and 5-door hatchback will be built by GM Daewoo Automotive and Technology Ltd., the company formed from former Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. assets and owned 42% by GM. Aveo expected to take low-end heat off Cavalier. The car, based on the Daewoo Kalos, gets unique styling by way of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.