General Motors Co. and DRB-Hicom Bhd are ending their joint-venture operation to import and distribute Chevrolet vehicles in Malaysia. No reason has been given for the dissolution of the partnership, but the Business Times newspaper in September reported GM was looking for a replacement for DRB-Hicom, which is expected to be the Naza Group. Founded in 1975, Naza is Malaysia’s largest importer of luxury automobiles. “After more than two years, the parties have now agreed to amicably part ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.