HONEOYE FALLS, NY – Accompanied by a barely audible hiss, the smooth drive-away and brief journey of a brightly festooned Chevy S-10 pickup truck here is not unlike Alan Shepard's first flight into space. The gasoline-reforming fuel cell system adds roughly 900 lbs. of densely packed technology . So says Larry Burns, General Motors Corp.'s vice president of Research and Development, and Planning, of the world's first-ever road-going vehicle motivated by a fuel cell powerplant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.