The first-ever fullsize composite pickup box is going out of production just two years after its debut, Ward's has learned. General Motors Corp. is discontinuing its Pro-Tec technology for the ’04 model year due to weak demand. Pro-Tec bowed in 2001 as an $850 option on the Chevrolet Silverado. GM is discontinuing its composite pickup box technology." “We have discontinued that,” a GM spokeswoman confirms. “We’re a very innovative company, and we try new things. But even the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.