General Motors will nix a 6-cyl. engine offering from its next-generation Chevrolet Malibu, the auto maker says in a sneak peek of the midsize car earlier today. GM currently offers an optional 3.6L DOHC V-6 in addition to a standard port-injected 2.4L 4-cyl. engine. But when the new Malibu comes, widely expected in 2012 as a ’13 model, it will feature a global family of 4-cyl. engines, the auto maker says. GM’s 4-cyl. engines are becoming increasingly capable of delivering V-6 power ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.