DETROIT – Rumors of General Motors Corp.’s impending bankruptcy have been greatly exaggerated, Vice Chairman Bob Lutz says. Bristling at doubt expressed by industry observers in the weeks leading up today’s restructuring announcement at GM, the outspoken product guru addresses reporters. “You’d think at some point analysts would learn that car companies don’t die that fast, especially car companies with the substance, the drive, the technological capability, and yes, the financial ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.