It’s time to abandon U.S. oil conservation policies that haven’t worked, specifically corporate average fuel economy standards, and focus on new alternatives to improving vehicle efficiency, General Motors Corp. CEO Rick Wagoner says. In addressing shareholders at the auto maker’s annual meeting in Wilmington, DE, today, Wagoner says GM will continue to concentrate on developing more fuel-efficient vehicles via multiple initiatives, including continuous improvement in conventional internal ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.