General Motors Co. is expected to confirm next week a major investment at a plant in Tonawanda, NY, to accommodate production of its next-generation Ecotec 2.0L engine. Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY) congratulates GM in a news release, saying the investment, worth “hundreds of millions” will “fund the next-generation, fuel efficient 4-cyl. Ecotec engine.” Tonawanda is the current production site of GM’s 2.0L Ecotec 4-cyl. engine, which powers several vehicles including the Chevrolet Cobalt ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.