HONEOYE FALLS, NY – The recent greenhouse gas emissions reduction deal brokered between the Canadian Auto Manufacturers Assn. and the Canadian government will not impact the U.S., General Motors Corp.’s chief environmental officer says. The Canadian government last month forged an agreement with major car companies that will force down emissions of greenhouse gases by 25%, or 5.3 million tons (4.8 million t), by 2010, compared with 1995 levels. U.S. environmental groups say they expect the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.