General Motors Co.’s second-half production schedule is showing an upward trendline with the addition of 60,000 vehicles to its third- and fourth-quarter forecasts. Demand for fuel-efficient vehicles prompted the move, which affects some 1,350 hourly workers and boosts output of the Chevrolet Cobalt small car and Equinox midsize cross-utility vehicle and all-new GMC Terrain midsize CUV. “During the third-quarter 2009, we’ve added production which will result in 35% increase over the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.