The European market continues to struggle, but sales may be outpacing General Motors Corp.’s forecast for the industry, a company executive says. “The industry through the first quarter is going to be down slightly in Western and Central Europe vs. year-ago,” says Paul Ballew, GM general director-market and industry analysis. “(But) I would frame overall industry demand pretty much consistent with our expectations. In fact, it might be a bit stronger than the guidance we’ve been giving.” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.