SEOUL — Remarks made to three financial news service reporters by General Motors Corp.'s Asia/Pacific President Rudolph Schlais regarding the possible purchase of Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. are causing international consternation. The three jointly filed a wire story picked up by other news agencies claiming GM may delay its decision to buy Daewoo until 2002. The report has some leading security analysts here believing that GM is not interested in acquiring the bankrupt automaker and may back ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.