General Motors Corp. is expanding its Brazilian design center staff by 60% to exploit the region’s expertise in developing small cars, says Ed Welburn Jr., vice president-global design. The auto maker’s Brazilian studio also will contribute to the development of a small truck product, Welburn says while briefing journalists on GM’s plans for next month’s Detroit auto show. In addition to introducing a Chevrolet concept vehicle GM officials would not reveal, the auto maker will reprise ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.