General Motors Corp. is extending the test period for the locate-to-order Web site set up by Autobytel.com, an online service for car buyers and sellers, because dealers are closing on 20% of leads from the online business model. That is twice the baseline rate. "The leads are very high quality," says Mike Devereaux, director of new business development for e-GM. The test program launched May 1 with Chevy dealers in the Washington D.C., area and originally was scheduled to run 90 days. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.