General Motors India is exploring ways to work with its Italian alliance partner Fiat Auto to build affordable cars for the Indian market. The two already have a purchasing and powertrain alliance that includes platform sharing in Europe and South America. GM currently holds a 10% market share in the midsize premium car segment with its Opel Astra and Corsa cars. The goal now is to increase its volumes and penetration in the overall market. The best way to do this is to offer a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.