A plan to introduce the Chevrolet brand to South Korea is under study at General Motors Corp., which believes the resulting 4-brand thrust in the market could give it a better chance of competing against Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. and Kia Motors Corp. Together, Hyundai and Kia control nearly 75% of South Korea’s new-vehicle sales. Jim Raymond, executive director-sales, marketing and service for GM Asia Pacific, recently told reporters in Seoul that introducing the Chevrolet brand in Korea ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.