Fiat-GM Powertrain, a joint venture of General Motors Corp. and Fiat Auto SpA, will produce a new transmission series for use in vehicles from both auto makers at its Vienna-Aspern, Austria, plant. Production is slated to begin in 2004. Fiat-GM will invest E300 million ($264.7 million) in the program.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.