General Motors Corp. and Ford Motor Co. have moved to recapture units lost to plant shutdowns resulting from mid-August’s major electrical blackout, increasing output through the end of the year by a net 5,500 units. Each manufacturer advanced some of its planned production from October-December into September, bumping up this month’s scheduled industry output by 41,200 vehicles to 1,466,000. (See related data: Ward’s North American Production Schedule September 2003) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.