Looking to help offset a portion of the more than $19 billion in under-funded pension liabilities, General Motors Corp. agrees to sell its stake in Hughes Electronics Corp. to News Corp. for $6.6 billion. The deal calls for GM to receive about $3.8 billion for the 19.9% of Hughes it owns directly, with News Corp. agreeing to pay $3.1 billion of that in cash. The remainder will be paid for in News Corp. preferred stock. News Corp. also agrees to acquire an additional 14.1% stake in Hughes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.