TURIN — General Motors Corp. is reversing an earlier decision not to fit GM's 5-speed automatic to the European Omega. As the second of two major engineering revisions to the Omega range in 2001, Opel/Vauxhall now intends to slot the Strasbourg, France, sourced 5L40-E automatic into the car in August 2001, as the most significant component of the '02 model year change. When Opel/Vauxhall launched the face-lifted Omega in late 1999, observers were surprised that the 5-speed auto had been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.