SANTA BARBARA, CA – Mexican auto sales will hit record levels in 2002 and General Motors Corp. will continue to gain market share there, a top executive tells Ward’s here at a product seminar for international media. Chevy Corsa “I think Mexico can probably break the 1 million mark. We’re looking at 1 million to 1.2 million,” predicts Arturo Elias, president-GM Mexico. “The auto sector there is holding up fairly well, despite the fact the economy is soft. (see related story: ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.