NEW YORK – Bob Lutz bristles when critics say General Motors Corp. doesn’t build cars consumers want to buy. "The Corvette is sold out; the Corvette Z06 is sold out; the Pontiac Solstice is sold out; the Saturn Sky is sold out; and we've raised our forecast for the Chevrolet HHR to 132,000 annually from 60,000 because demand is 200% higher than supply,” says Lutz, vice chairman-global product development. "We're building 250,000 Chevy Impalas, yet demand is running at 300,000 units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.