Mark Reuss, GM Holden Ltd. managing director, says in a letter to workers their jobs will be protected despite the loss of 30,000 Pontiac G8s exported annually to the U.S. Beleaguered parent General Motors Corp., in its latest viability plan to stave off bankruptcy, announced Monday it would phase out the Pontiac line by the end of 2010, including the high-performance G8 sedan launched in the U.S. market last year. The Australian Broadcasting Corp. revealed the letter Wednesday. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.