General Motors Corp. is avoiding a serious increase in marketing costs from its aggressive national financing plan by ending various regional incentive efforts. GM announced the "Keep America Rolling" incentive scheme Sept. 19, which includes no interest on ’01 models financed over 36 months and low rates on ’02 purchases to stimulate spending following the shocking Sept. 11 attacks on New York and Washington. The program is scheduled to end Oct. 31. "The ‘Keep America Rolling’ program ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.