MUMBAI – Despite a slowdown in sales in both the U.S. and India and the acceleration of cost-cutting measures in North America, General Motors Corp. will spend Rs4 billion ($95,000) for training industry workers here. General Motors India Ltd. recently signed a memorandum of understanding with the Gujarat government to form a partnership to upgrade the state’s Industrial Training Institute in Vadodra, near GM’s production facility. “GMI will design courses on automotive technology, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.