MUMBAI – General Motors India Pvt. Ltd. is refocusing on its domestic market with a new strategy and a wide range of Chevrolet models, from the entry-level 0.8L Spark to the Camaro sports car. The auto maker plans to triple sales and market penetration in the next three years by selling 300,000 vehicles in 2013, cornering a 10% share and turning a profit. Tim Lee, General Motors Co.’s president of international operations, visited India recently to launch the new 1.2L Smartec gasoline ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.