DETROIT – Don’t expect Italian conglomerate Fiat SpA to use a "put option" agreement earlier than 2004 that would give GM full ownership of Fiat Auto SpA, GM CEO Rick Wagoner tells auto industry analysts gathered here for an investor relations event. When GM and Fiat formed a strategic alliance in early 2000 by swapping stock shares and setting up joint ventures, the agreement included an option for Fiat to sell its remaining 80% stake in its auto arm to GM – whether GM wants the business ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.