Moving to reduce procurement costs, General Motors Corp. and its Japanese partners will combine some purchasing operations in order to buy certain commodities including glass and flat steel in bulk. GM says it will create an “Alliance Purchasing Team” with partners Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., Isuzu Motors Ltd., and Suzuki Motor Corp. GM owns stakes in all three auto makers. The team will source a total of 12 products valued at about $1.4 billion for the domestic operations of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.