General Motors Corp. will launch the Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle in China ahead of other global markets outside the U.S., says Joseph Liu, executive vice president of Shanghai General Motors Co. Ltd. Speaking at a news conference in Shanghai, Liu tells reporters GM “has plans to sell the Volt electric car in China in November 2011, ahead of even the European market.” Adam Opel GmbH next year will launch the Ampera, the Volt’s European-market cousin. China is GM’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.