GRAVATAI, Brazil — General Motors Corp. Chairman John F. Smith Jr. and Brazil President Fernando Henrique Cardoso on July 20 inaugurated what GM considers one of the world's most lean and cost-efficient automobile plants — the Blue Macaw small car project. “The assembly complex we are dedicating today is much more than just another plant; it is a major step forward in the way automobiles are built,” Smith said at the ceremony. “Engineers, economists, business leaders and reporters from ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.