General Motors Corp. is keeping its second-quarter North American output, with some tweaks, at 1,186,500 cars and trucks, 10.3% below the 1,322,100 vehicles built in April-June 2004. There had been speculation GM might trim its May-June volume due to weakening sales. (See related data: Ward's North American Production Schedule- May 2005) Instead, the auto maker has shuffled monthly schedules so that a 3,500-unit April net overbuild mostly is offset by a cut of 3,000 vehicles in June. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.