MUMBAI – General Motors Co.’s strategy to leverage its Indian and Chinese resources already is making headway. The Chevy Sail, a new compact sedan developed by the Pan Asia Technical Automotive Center in Shanghai and launched in the Chinese market in January, reportedly may become the first car to be introduced in India under the new collaboration. PATAC is a joint venture between GM and SAIC Motor Corp. Ltd. Sales of GM’s Beat and Spark small cars are doing well here. The addition of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.