SEOUL — General Motors Corp. is considering taking over Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.’s Bupyeong engine, transmission and assembly plants when its 6-year contract to purchase output from the plants expires, a source familiar with the GM-Daewoo negotiations says. "Before GM signed a memorandum of understanding with Daewoo Motor, GM did not want the Bupyeong facilities and was trying to defuse the potential labor crisis there if the plants were excluded from the acquisition deal," the source says. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.