SHANGHAI – General Motors Corp. says it is working on a plan to make better use of production capacity at its struggling Jinbei General Motors Automotive Ltd. joint venture in Shenyang, Liaoning, China. Jinbei GM is a 50/50 JV with domestic producer Jinbei Automotive Corp. Ltd. The plant currently makes the Blazer midsize SUV. “Yes, Jinbei GM has been a troubled operation and hasn’t met the objectives of any of the shareholders,” admits GM China Chairman and Managing Director Phil ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.