General Motors Corp. names 12 manufacturing sites it intends to close as part of its reorganization under Chapter 11 protection, and the list includes assembly plants in Pontiac, MI, and Wilmington, DE. GM, which filed for bankruptcy earlier today in New York as anticipated, says it will shutter its fullsize-pickup plant in Pontiac in October and the Wilmington facility building the Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky and Opel GT next month. Assembly plants in Orion Twp., MI, and Spring Hill, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.